Meet Lia Jamerson, MA, LPC, NCC, EAS-C
Hi there! Although I was raised in Birmingham, Michigan, after graduating high school, I spent 6 years living in Hawai'i. During this time, I completed my undergraduate studies in Psychology and Chemistry, and my Master of Arts program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Hawai'i Pacific University. Go Sharks! I currently practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Michigan. I am also Board Certified as a National Certified Counselor (NCC). In addition to this, I have fulfilled the requirements and training to become a Employee Assistance Specialist-Clinical (EAS-C) through the Employee Assistance Professionals Association.
The Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber Celebrated The Grand Opening Of Dayspring Vision Counseling, PLLC's Ribbon Cutting Ceremony & Open House!
Having traveled extensively within the U.S. and abroad with family, and also as a People to People Student Ambassador, I have been exposed to and worked with people from many different cultures. I have been blessed with the opportunity to visit places all over the world, including Australia, Brazil, Japan, Mexico, England, France, Belgium, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Canada, Aruba, The Bahamas and Jamaica.
I am also a bit of a daredevil, and love trying new, adventurous activities. The most exhilarating and memorable experiences I have had include skydiving, shark cage diving, parasailing, horseback riding, snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge, jet skiing, paintballing and water jet packing!
When I am not working or traveling, I like to keep a nice balance between golfing, hiking or swimming outdoors, and staying inside with a nice book, painting, or watching a good movie and/or Korean drama. I also love music, and have played the piano since I was 6 years old and the violin since I was 11 years old.
- Board Certified as a National Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board For Certified Counselor (NBCC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Michigan
- Employee Assistance Specialist-Clinical (EAS-C) with the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA)
- Member of Psi Chi International Society since 2011
- Member of American Counseling Association since 2015
- Psychology Today Verified
- Member of The Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Core Conflictual Relationship Theme (CCRT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Culturally Sensitive
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Trauma Focused
Common Counseling Topics:
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Counseling
- Dual Diagnosis
- Family Conflict
- Gender Identity
- Learning Disabilities
- Oppositional Defiance
- Relationship Issues
- Same Sex Parenting
- School Issues
- Substance Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
ACCEPTED INSURANCE PLANS